Sunday, November 29, 2015

Abs Are Built in the Kitchen

You can do as many crunches and can hold a plank for 30 min but if you don't have your nutrition dialed in than your 6 pack will remain hidden under a layer of FLAB!

I am still not cleared to workout (follow up with the vascular surgeon on Wednesday, fingers crossed for some good news) but that does not mean I can't get my six pack back. Sure they won't be as "full" since I won't be working them as hard but they can be defined. How do I plan to do this?

The 21 Day Fix nutrition guide.

I get to personalize my meal plan to include foods I LOVE and are good for nursing mommas.

That brings me to the nursing part... Nutrition has to be specialized to ensure I am providing little man with the BEST. I have increased some of my containers (one additional red and one additional green) to ensure that my calorie intake is adequate. Nursing mommas need to keep in mind several things with their nutrition:
1. will what I'm eating impact my milk supply?
2. does baby seem to have an aversion to what I am eating?
3. am I drinking enough water?

Foods I will be avoiding
broccoli (causes gas)
cauliflower (causes gas)
brussel sprouts (causes gas)
intense hot spices
parsley (impacts supply)
peppermint (impacts supply)
citrus fruits (can cause fussiness, spit up and diarrhea)
garlic (foul taste)

Foods I will increase to help supply:
pomegranate
oatmeal
salmon
Spinach
beets
almonds
sweet potatoes
brown rice
lean protein sources (brain development)

<<<< But for all of you that are looking to get some ab gym time check out some of these ab crushing moves. **Please consult your doctor or midwife prior to beginning any workout regimen** 












Looks like a lot of food
So here is my meal plan for this week>>>>
I am all about simple and duplicates. You'll notice that I have my water intake at 1 gallon every day. I have been drinking a gallon of water everyday for a year and half. I recommend taking a week to gradually increase to a gallon if you do not drink a lot of water. Here's why
1. you pee A LOT
2. it's a TON of water and many people feel bloated if they just jump into drinking a full gallon
3. you MIGHT get a headache. I did the first couple of days but now if I don't drink that much water I have an intense migraine the following day
4. If you are nursing, be warned that your baby will pee A LOT TOO!

If you are interested in following my daily journey come follow me on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment