Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Quinoa Salad With A ZING

Talk about AMAZEBALLS... I am a HUGE fan of quinoa and any opportunity I get to incorporate it into my meal plans I do!

While on an excursion with my mother to register for baby items and find a comfortable chair out tummies started rumbling... We had the option to go to the mall food court (gross) or to sit down for a meal at PF Chang's but then we walked past Zoe's Kitchen.

Now I am not a salad fan although I wish I were one. So of course my eyeballs searched all the other categories. Then I saw it! QUINOA!!!

Here is my spin on Quinoa Salad.

Makes 1 serving

What You Need:
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup shredded Romaine Lettuce
4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/4 cup cucumbers (diced)
5 Kalamata Olives (halved)
1 Tbs feta cheese
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
salt (optional to taste)
pepper (optional to taste)
3 oz. lean protein (optional)

What You Need to Do:
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on packaging. I like mine to be cold for this recipe so I prepped the day before and let it cool overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Prep all veggies
3. Mix all ingredients together

Fix portions
2 GREEN
1 BLUE
1 YELLOW
1 RED (optional)
1 tsp


No comments:

Post a Comment