Saturday, October 11, 2014

NPC 4 Weeks Out- Posing, Cutting and Ab Veins

I know, I know I am LATE on this one!!! This week has been HECTIC and that's really an understatement. With Working two jobs, working out 2x/day and running my household I've learned that the superwoman powers I thought I had were actually a mirage. I am down right BEAT this week and have determined that I need to up my personal development to get me through the next 3 weeks.

 As a health and fitness coach I spend a lot of my day helping others see their potential. I have always been confident in myself that I can achieve anything UNTIL I began this journey. Never have I ever felt so out of control, so weak, so un-confident in myself. As these negative insights began creeping in I used them to fuel my motivation and determination.

Posing- My Feet Hurt
I used to enjoy video taping myself but I am quite honestly SICK of watching myself strut forward with a HUGE smile on my face, shift my weight (smiling) from left to right, 180 degree turn (smiling), arch my back (smiling), 180 degree turn (smiling) and strut back to my starting position. AND REPEAT! Ugh... All the research I have done concludes that posing is the most important thing and I have to show my individual FLAVA! How does one find this flava from within? Fake that shit is what I'm learning. Smile til it hurts, ignore that your feet are going numb in those silly clear "stripper shoes" and try NOT to wrinkle your forehead. I have decided that I am sick of looking at myself so i am seeking help from some professionals. I was lucky enough to find a free posing clinic on Sundays with David Johnston Training. I will either leave there thinking "Fuck I cannot believe I thought I could do this" or " Alright let's get these three weeks over with".

Cutting Has Begun
So as you may know I am taking the ketogenic approach for my nutrition and so far this has been the EASIEST thing in my training program. Half way through this week however, I realized that I have stalled in my fat burning and this is SERIOUSLY NOT the time for that SHIT. So I did some research and opted for an EGG fast for the next five days. I'll be consuming roughly 36 or more eggs, about a pound of butter and 1/2 pound of cheese (for real). I know some competitors are probably like "why is this chick cutting so soon". Well I want to see how my body responds to this but I also am gradually cutting rather than going from 1700 to 1100 in a day... Talk ABOUT BITCH! No one would want to be around me. So what does my 5 day Egg Fast look like:
Day 1
Breakfast: Bullet coffee (1 Tbs butter and 1 Tbs coconut oil blended in Ninja= so good) and 3 eggs scrambled with 2 Tbs butter

Snack: string cheese

Lunch: 1 serving of Buffalo Cheddar Egg Salad

Snack: string cheese

Dinner: Buffalo Omelette

Day 2
Breakfast: Bullet coffee  and 3 eggs scrambled with 2 Tbs butter

Snack: string cheese

Lunch: 1 serving of Buffalo Cheddar Egg Salad

Snack: string cheese

Dinner: Snickerdoodle Crepes (2)

Day 3
Breakfast: Bullet coffee and 3 eggs scrambled with 2 Tbs butter

Snack: string cheese

Lunch: Snickerdoodle Crepe (2)

Snack: Deviled Eggs (2)

Dinner: Buffalo Omelette

Day 4 and 5 
Breakfast: Bullet coffee and 3 eggs scrambled with 2 Tbs butter

Snack: string cheese

Lunch: Snickerdoodle Crepes (2)

Snack: Deviled Eggs (2)

Dinner: Buffalo Omelette

This egg fast has done something unexpected, ENERGY! My energy is so high that I am having a hard time sleeping at night and when I do the dreams are CRAZY! So not sure how I feel about it yet.

Ab Veins 
Look near the phoenix beak, you'll see a tiny blue line
Holy cow I have AB VEINS!!! I have been wondering when this was going to happen. I am by no means a vascular person. I'm one of those people who envies the ladies in the gym who you can determine their blood pressure by just staring at their veins! But this morning my boyfriend (who doesn't get nearly enough credit for dealing with my shit) pointed it out and although not bulging you can still see them!

I give all the credit to the egg fast and the countless calories I have been burning on the Arc trainer. I was a firm believer of sweating it out on the treadmill and then one day I thought "what the heck I'm gonna try this thing". All I have to say is try the wave or interval program! You'll thank me later and you'll have to mop the floor beneath the machine! You're welcome!


I just LOVE this quote. helped me this week for sure
Training Schedule
Sunday: Legs, Glutes, Calves (60 min) and 60 min Arc Trainer
Monday: Back, Rear Delts, Abs (75 min) and 60 min Arc Trainer
Tuesday: Chest, Biceps, Abs (75 min) and taught PiYo Live
Wednesday: Shoulders, Delts, Triceps, Abs (90 min) and 60 min Arc Trainer*
Thursday: taught PiYo Live*
Friday: COMBAT 45 Kata
Saturday: REST
*I had to switch up my non-lift day because the gym was closed in observance of a Jewish holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment