Sunday, September 28, 2014

NPC Bikini Comp 5 weeks out

I cannot believe that in 5 weeks I will be tanned, glammed and strutting myself up at the Jay Cutler Classic! The past couple weeks have certainly tested my dedication, motivation and belief in myself.

I am still living the Kato lifestyle and this weeks has certainly bee a struggle. As I sit here I am suffering from the Keto flu! Gee thanks for this, because training and nutrition aren't stressful enough! Don't worry I am getting plenty of electrolytes and listening to my body.

Ok so enough bitching cause no one wants to read about that!

MY SUIT CAME IN!!




I seriously jumped up and down when I received the FedEx package. It is a bit big in the bottom, never thought I would say that! But luckily I know an awesome seamstress (thanks gg) who is wiling to help me in that department! Since I don't know EXACTLY what my measurements are going to be until closer to stage time, we are holding off making alterations until a week out.


MY SHOES CAME IN!!

Yup, pretty much stripper heels! Luckily I am used t walking in 5" stilettos but I still have A LOT of practice! As I watch YouTube videos I realize that my cheeks are gonna be sore as hell after the this is all over! I mean I'll be standing at the HIPPODROME with barely anything covering my lady parts (which will already have gone under immense violation, see below), slick from a spray tan and makeup caked on since it has to be done early in the am. On top of that I have to freaking SMILE the entire time!

GETTING MY DUCKS IN A ROW

So here is my running checklist
  • Register with NPC- DONE
  • Register for event- DONE
  • Deposit for tanning- DONE
  • Deposit for makeup- DONE
  • Appointment for waxing- DONE
The insanity of all you have to do to be prepared for a day in your life. I can only assume that getting married is the only other single day event that take more preparation. I have NEVER had a spray tan before but I learned that I'll basically be stark asked with other ladies getting liquid prayer all over. I then will be standing in front of fan to dry, again naked with other people. That's not what I'm worried about, though. Tanning happens the night before. I then have to sleep in loose dark clothing as to not ruin the tan or my sheets.  The preparation of my skin for this "procedure" is ridiculous!!! Waxing, buffing, moisturizing days prior, then NOTHING... No deodorant (as my skin will turn green), no shower after tan has been applied, and I have to remain naked under my clothing until I put my suit on.

Training

This is where most of my stress has evolved from as of late. So I joined the Jewish Community Center, primarily because it is close and has programs for my daughter (yellow swim team). The facility is AMAZING, the staff is encouraging and knowledgeable, and for part there are no muscle heads getting in my way. However, if you are not aware, Sept-Oct is a busy holiday time in the Jewish culture so for several weeks in a row the gym is CLOSED!!! So I decided I would "date" other gyms each week so I can get my lift in. This has not been a pleasant experience as I'm used to my equipment and quite frankly the other gyms are just not up to par.

I have increased my cardio this week to 6x for 60 min. Most speed interval. I'm averaging between 5-6 miles per run which I'm pretty stoked about considering I hate the hamster wheel. My secret.... reading. I have my Nook and read personal development while I run. The first couple of times it took some getting used to but now I have NO problem and it makes an hour go by in a FLASH!

Here's this past week's schedule
Sunday- Legs, Flutes, Calves, 60 min cardio
Monday- Back, rear deltas, abs, 60 min cardio
Tuesday- Chest, bicep, calves, 60 min Piyo
Wednesday- 60 min Cardio
Thursday- Shoulders, Triceps, Abs, 60 min PiYo
Friday- 60 min Cardio, 60 min Plyometric (P90X)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment